Guaranteed to lift your backside:
- 20 Barbell Sumo Squats (30 lbs)
- 20 Lateral Lunges- each leg (30 lbs)
- 20 Reverse Lungeswith front kick- each leg (30 lbs)
- 5 Sumo Squats x 5 Sumo Squat Jumps- four times (30 lbs)
- 20 out, 20 back Lateral Band
- 20 Box Squats
Heavy Lifts : 8 repetitions x 4 sets
- Deadlift drop set ( 95 lbs, 115 lbs,135 lbs, 155 lbs)
- Hamstring Curls ( 30lbs, 45 lbs, 55 lbs, 65 lbs)
- Booty Blaster (55 lbs, 65 lbs,75 lbs, 85 lbs)
- Hip Extension ( 70 lbs)
Lower body exercises have always been my favorite and this routine is a definite kick in the pants. While doing the heavy lifts, I typically drop to six repetitions on the last set. The weight should be HEAVY. During the last few repetitions of each set, you should be struggling. If you’re not, it’s not heavy enough.
A few helpful tips – challenge yourself. If it’s easy, you’re not improving, you’re simply going through the motions. Rest. Take a few minutes in between sets. This will give your muscles a chance to recover and then push hard for another set.
Here’s to lifting those glutes!