It’s important to remember that challenges are what changes us and the tough moments in life are where we are handed the most personal growth. With challenges comes heartache and feelings of uneasiness, loneliness and an intense longing for happiness. Well guess what? Happiness can still be found, even in the darkest of places. It may be hard and it may take some work, but I promise, you can be happy today. The challenge of what you are facing will only make you better (don’t let it make you bitter). This challenge is meant for you, you can handle it and walk away from it with a shiny new perspective and an appreciation for it. Lean into the challenge and find what it is that this challenge was meant to teach you.
While the answer may not be apparent TODAY, it will be apparent in the future. ” Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.” Let the challenge wash over you & show you what it is meant to, but don’t let it destroy you, or the happiness that each day can bring. Remind yourself today that there are plenty of reasons to be happy and use these reasons to overcome your challenge.
REASONS I’M HAPPY TODAY.
1. CHANGE: When you are unhappy & seem to feel that you are forcing things, it may be the way of the universe trying to tell you that there’s something greater for you. In order to make room for the “something better”, the old has to change. There’s something better coming for you, make room for it. Change what is making you unhappy & you’ll be surprised at what takes its’ place. I’m excited for this change because I know it will only bring something greater than what I was expecting.
2. FAMILY.Seriously. How could you not love these people?!
3. VOLLEYBALL. People talk about the concept of “flow” and what you could lose yourself and sense of time doing. For me, volleyball takes me to that place.
4. NEW WORKOUT SWAG. See below. Enough said.
5. BASEBALL GAMES. My idea of a perfect Sunday? Sunshine, great friends and a baseball game. I wrapped that all up into a beautiful package this weekend with my parents (visiting from Idaho). I can’t tell you how ecstatic I was to sit between my set of genetics and cheer, chat and truly enjoy the whole afternoon. My heart is happy.
6. SUNSHINE. Because there’s nothing that getting outside and feeling the sun on your skin can’t fix. Breathe in. Breathe out. My soul is happy.
7. ADVENTURE. Pretty sure there’s a whole lot out there that I haven’t experienced yet.. & I can’t wait.